So, … a video-lovin’ social media influencer and a content marketer walked into a bar.
Ok, … so we didn’t walk into a bar, but a little cafe in Richmond, … and Cherie choked on a pumpkin salad [#truestory], but she survived, and together with Chelsea from @iheartbargains we’ve now collaborated to bring you a one-day social media extravaganza that’ll walk you through everything you need to know about producing video for your socials.
I mean, … seriously, … right now? Scroll through your Facebook [seriously. Do this, like right now]. Now, how many videos did you see? Was your feed a majority video experience? Yep, that’s because social media algorithms are *dramatically* favouring video right now.
They don’t have to be sophisticated [I mean, if you’ve got a videography budget, great], but truly, iPhoneography-slash-videography is something you have [quite literally] within your pocket [or if you’re anything like us, ahem, … glued to your hand], and when you’re able to grasp snackable video and its current power on social, you’ll give yourself [and your socials] the opportunity to go to the next level with regards to reach / engagement, and ultimately? Conversions.
Ready for some fun little video facts?
- Your consumers have rapidly decreasing attention spans, and so this is why video is fast becoming the way they like to consume content.
- More often, video is now beating a straight image / blog post / product push.
- By 2018, online video will account for 74% of all online traffic.
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rate by 19%
- Online shoppers who view videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- YouTube has over a billion users, … almost one third of all people on the internet.
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day.
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds.
… ok, calm down statistic nerds, … we could go on all day.
But you get the gist though, … don’t you?
Video is King, and Queen, and Prince, … and Princess 😉
So what are you going to learn in our one-day ‘Video marketing across your socials’ workshop?
- We’re going to take your product / service, and teach you how to bring that to life with video?
- We’ll get you producing your own video content.
- We’ll go through video, and how it increases your engagement on Instagram.
- We’ll cover off the social media algorithms, and the various ways to beat them with video content!
- We’ll cover off on YouTube, how to insert videos into blog posts / on your website, how to socialise your video content, and the associated best practices regarding that.
- We’ll walk you through all of the Instagram stories how-to’s, and best practices.
- We’ll cover off on Instagram Live, and how to use it to grow your following.
- We’re going to reassure you that shooting video on your phone does not have to be complicated [too many of you are over-thinking this!].
- We’ll walk you through the stages of video development [i.e just yourself, tripods, lighting, set-up options, and who to refer to when you’re in the market for a freelance videographer].
- We’ll show you a simple set up on your phone of selfie video [including live streaming].
- We’ll show you all of the tools of the trade, and what you might need.
- We’ll show you a simple set-up on your phone of a styled set up that can be video’d and photographed, … and Chelsea herself will even walk you through an example from one of her shoots.
- We’ll walk you through simple, free video editing tools on your phone
- And finally, we’ll coach you to build up the confidence to be in front of the camera with a practice example within the workshop.
I mean, phwoar, … it’s a big day, but don’t worry, it’ll be fun, … and sometimes funny. It’ll be educational, and edu-taining. It’ll be x2 video experts, from producer [Chelsea], to a marketing professional who socialises video content for a living [TDP’s Cherie] walking you through every little thing they’ve learnt in order to achieve social media success via video marketing.
All packed into one day, in a stunning little venue, with good food [think seriously “instagram’able” lunch boxes, and plenty of sweetness to get you through the afternoon], and we can assure you? You’ll walk away from this day with your heads, hearts, and tummies full of video workshop goodness!
There are limited tickets to this event [due to the intimate nature of the learning environment], so this isn’t one you’ll want to sit on and ponder for a while, … it’s a #rundontwalk kinda scenario.
Exclusive access to The Digital Picnic Facebook Community
All workshop attendees will be granted lifetime access to our private Facebook community, a space to interact, ask questions and share your social media wins!
- All workshop purchases are non-refundable, however your place may be transferred to another attendee should you be unable to attend.
- Transfer to another workshop date is subject to availability and at the discretion of The Digital Picnic.